Tuesday 19 January 2010

Water, water, water everywhere!

One of the results of the recent cold weather has of course been loads of broken pipes and when these are out in the streets we all notice them At the weekend we reported what looked like water leaks or damaged mains in Broomsleigh Street and Ulysses Road . Coming home this evening, I spotted water spouting up at the bottom of Lyncroft gardens outside Emmanuel Church and running down the side of West End Green. About to go home and report it, I found a man in a Thames Water van so I stopped to speak to him. He said the one I'd seen was only popping up through a BT cable and it started somewhere else - up the hill. So I told him about Ulysses Road which he didn't seem to know about. (And so I suggested he gave me a lift up there - a suggestion he ignored!!) On my way up the hill found what looked like another small spring up Fortune Green Road and by the time I'd got as far as Ulysses Road I found my man in van again! Just where the water was pouring out (not for the first tme I think - there's always been a weakness there and a couple of patch-up jobs have been carried out there. He looked quite interested but I left him to it. He said he couldn't stop it without switching off the water - so if you lose your water supply in the Greek Roads it could be all my fault!

No comments:

Post a Comment