Wednesday 6 January 2010

Something special


This isn't about Fortune Green - but self indulgence! In my capacity as "Culture Boss" of Camden, I am responsible for the refurbishment of Kentish Town Baths. Probably not somewhere visited very often by residents of NW2/6 but greatly loved by local people over the other side of Camden! Falling to bits and neglected by previous administrations over many years, in 2006 we took the bold decision to restore the baths to their former glory. The total cost of the project is £25million which is a huge amount of money to be responsible for and I have been determined it won't all go wrong, take twice as long or cost lots more money like Swiss Cottage did. Yesterday - before it snowed - I went on one of my regular visits and this is what the newly restored Willes Pool looks like now! Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment