Tuesday 19 February 2013

Monday 18 February

Monday, 18 February 2013

Statement by Emily Frith, Lib Dem Parliamentary Candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn

Statement from from Emily Frith sent to Hampstead and Kilburn Democrat members this afternoon:

“Dear All

It is with regret that I have to let you know that I am standing down as the Liberal Democrat Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn just a few weeks after I had the honour of being selected by Liberal Democrat members in the constituency.

This has come about because I have been offered a job in government in which I will be working to give the Liberal Democrats a stronger voice within the Coalition in key areas where I have expertise. However, as this job is politically restricted I will not be allowed to continue as a parliamentary candidate.

I am very sorry to be leaving the campaign at this stage, as I have enjoyed working with Hampstead and Kilburn's excellent team of campaigners backed by the strong membership I have enjoyed getting to know in recent months.

Hampstead and Kilburn is the most marginal three-way seat in the country, and I am confident that you will be able to attract an excellent new candidate very soon who will work with you on winning campaigns in next year's local elections as well as for the 2015 General Election.

I wish you every success in your future campaigning.

Best wishes

Emily “

Comment by Cllr Keith Moffitt, Leader, Liberal Democrat Group, Camden Council:

"Obviously our members and supporters in Hampstead & Kilburn will be disappointed as Emily had impressed during the selection and was already working hard with local campaigners. But it is a tribute to her standing within the party that she has secured this important role supporting Liberal Democrat Ministers in Government, and we wish her the best in the role.

"We will be looking to advertise for a new Prospective Parliamentary Candidate shortly."

No comments:

Post a Comment