Wednesday 11 November 2009

More about Maygrove Road

On Monday, the developers of the Maygove Road site - One Housing - held another exhibition of their proposals at Lauriston Lodge (the sheltered housing where lots of residents had previously objected) between 3 and 5 pm.
Tried to get there before the end but missd the exhibition and instead spoke to Rosie - the wonderful manager of Lauriston Lodge and also a chap from Camden who works on supported housing (if I've got his section right). He'd come instead of a colleague so didn't know the area. Told him about the incidence of anti--social behaviour around the estate and park and showed him one particular trouble spot.

Went home and fired off my objection:

"....My main objection is, as it was in 2007 to the previously refused scheme, to the height and bulk of the proposals. It is at least one storey too high and is not appropriate in its setting.
I would like to speak in support of the many local residents who have contacted me and make my objections at the DC Committee hearing."

Lib Dem Councillor John Bryant (West Hampstead ward) has also supported this objection on behalf of residents.

No comments:

Post a Comment